You can track Canada Post parcel status online using TrackMyCouriers tracking tool. Enter your tracking number above to track a package or mail.
Canada Post Customer Service Numbers
You can find Canada Post customer service phone numbers, address below.
|Location||Phone Number||Email Address||Address|
416-979-3033 (Outside Canada)
|Not Available||Canada Postal Department, Canada.|
Customer Service Contact and Addresses: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/support/
About the Company
It is a government-owned freight service provider in Canada. It was known as “Royal Mail Canada” until 1867. It was renamed as Canada Post later in the 1960’s. As of writing, it delivers 8.4 billion dockets per day. The company has a network of 6,200 post offices throughout Canada. Its day-to-day operations include delivery of letters, parcels, and cargo.
Letters and Mail Options
- Registered Mail: Free letter tracking and delivery confirmation. You can purchase it at your local post office.
- International Mail: You can send mail and letters to different countries. Proof of delivery can be obtained.
You can find mail postage rates online here. You can also buy stamps online rather than from a post office. Stamps and letters can also be obtained at post offices/shoppers post.
Domestic Parcel Services
- Regular: Delivery time between 2-9 business days. Shipping time varies based on the distance between origin and destination. It does not offer any time guarantees.
- Expedited: Parcel delivery service for business and retail customers. Faster transit times ranging between 2-7 business days. Liability insurance up to 100 CAD.
- Xpresspost and Priority: Delivers within 1-2 business days to all major cities within Canada. Priority service is the fastest parcel option with next-day delivery. There is limited insurance coverage and a signature option.
Canada Post International Parcel services
Depending on the weight and volume, it offers 6 special services namely:
- Small Packet: The maximum weight allowed is 1 kg for the USA and 2 kg for other countries. No claims for lost packages.
- Tracked Packet International: Small packet with added tracking and delivery confirmation. Also with insurance coverage up to 100$.
- Xpresspost International: Delivery times of 2-7 days based on the country. There is an on-time delivery guarantee and insurance coverage. Different shipping partners like USPS, FedEx, e.t.c.
- International Parcel: These will be delivered through air and surface cargos. Delivery time is usually more than 12 days. You cannot track your parcel and no delivery confirmation will be provided.
- Priority Worldwide: Arrival within 2-3 business days to more than 220 countries. Signature on delivery and liability insurance up to 100 CAD.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find a Canada Post office near me?
You can find a post office near you by visiting this link. Opening hours and holidays are also displayed there.
How can I track my package?
You can find the tracking number printed on the receipt. It usually comprises of 16 alphanumerical numbers. Enter this number of the official website or use the form on top of this page. You can also use a reference number or delivery notice card to track.
How accurate is tracking?
Tracking details are accurate to the point of the last update. Since the processes are mostly automated, there is little chance for error. There could be a time delay before the next status update. Also, not all status updates are recorded (For example, certain international parcels).
Tracking information unavailable for my package
It may be that the latest status has not been updated. Try checking the status after some time. Certain delivery options like small packet, letter posts cannot be tracked.